locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

M K Ramadoss

Mark has to run a self sustaining business with a reasonable profit so that Group.io will survive and successful in the long run. The tech support users are getting is outstanding.

I host couple of groups; some with large number of members and most of them are lurkers. Cost of 5 cents per year should not be a burden for anyone!

MKR

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 1:59 PM Russell Courtenay via groups.io <walruswebtech=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I understand there are costs but I operate a large number of enthusiast groups from which I make no money, I do it because I enjoy the topic. Some of these groups get big, some don’t, some donate to cover expenses, some don’t get the concept that electrons are free but hosting costs money.

If this was my commercial enterprise, I would include such costs in ‘cost of doing business’, no problem, how do we stay in touch with something that is not profitable but still very valuable?