I mentioned a year ago that I was considering changing to a per-member based pricing scheme for new groups.
This would align our revenue with our costs; the larger the group, the more it costs us to host. It's also industry standard.
For groups upgraded after Monday, February 8th, 2021 at 9am Pacific Time, the pricing plans will be
based on the number of members in the group. The base costs of the different existing plans are not changing. The change is that above a certain number of members, the per member pricing kicks in.
Here is the run down:
- Up to 100 members
- 1GB storage
- Single mailing list only
- Starting at $20/month or $220/year
- Up to 400 members, then $0.05/member/month or $0.55/member/year for each member above that
- 30GB storage
- Collaboration Suite
- Direct Add
- Starting at $200/month or $2200/year
- Up to 1000 members, then $0.20/member/month or $2.20/member/year for each member above that
- 1TB storage
- Enterprise features
- These changes only apply to groups upgraded after Monday, February 8th, 2021at 9am Pacific Time; existing premium and enterprise groups will keep their legacy pricing. If a premium group opts to downgrade and then upgrades at some point in the future, they will be subject to the new pricing changes.
- The non-profit Enterprise discount will continue; $100/month or $1100/year, with the per member pricing being either $0.10/member/month or $1.10/member/year.
- The plan price is calculated using the member count at the time of invoice, either monthly or yearly. For this calculation, a member is defined as a confirmed, non-pending, non-banned member of your main group.
- Premium groups will now have 30GB storage. Existing premium groups will get this storage bump as well.
- The 100 member limit for free groups only applies to groups that are created after Monday, February 8th, 2021 at 9am Pacific Time. Existing free groups will be unchanged.
- If a group created after Monday, February 8th, 2021 at 9am Pacific Time upgrades to premium, gains more than 100 members, and then later downgrades back to free, the group will be locked until the member list is reduced to 100 members.
- Some very large groups recently transferred from Yahoo to us. I requested that they sign up for the existing Enterprise plan. If any additional very large groups transfer over before Monday, February 8th, 2021, I reserve the right to also ask that they sign up for the existing Enterprise plan.
Please let me know if you have any questions.