moderated Re: Dozens of gmail members suddenly bouncing - what's going on? #misc

Drew

Our group just reported 350 gmail addresses bouncing shortly after 4PM EST (2000 UTC), and more since at a steady stream.

Whatever remedy there is for group owners we are not going to be able to individually unbounce subscribers. There are just too many for point & click remedies to be of any use to us.

Drew

On 12/15/20 16:29, J_Catlady wrote:
We know it's a gmail issue and yes, it's now happening anew in my group today.
And I agree that there should be a way to unbounce people instead of making them do it themselves.
On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 1:10 PM Andy <AI.egrps+io@gmail.com <mailto:AI.egrps%2Bio@gmail.com>> wrote:
This problem (with Gmail) has indeed returned again today.  I am
seeing it here right now.  For me, it started within the last 2 hours.
I forward some messages from my Gmail account to another Gmail
account under my control, and they are not getting through.  Instead
I get a "bounce" message (from Google to me) claiming that the other
account doesn't exist, even though I am also logged into it!
This illustrates the problem is unrelated to Groups.io, it's coming
from Gmail (Google).
However, the methods of rectifying one's "bouncing" status with
their Groups.io accounts, is a question.  There ought to be a way
for Owners/Moderators to unbounce members -- like we could do in
Yahoo!Groups.  If the "you're bouncing" message goes through, then
Groups.io probably should automatically unbounce that account.
Andy
/Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones./
/My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu
//
/