moderated Re: Dozens of gmail members suddenly bouncing - what's going on? #misc

Nimer Jaber

It certainly seems to be impacting primarily Gmail users. I run a list of nearly 1,400 members, and 259 were suddenly bouncing, almost all, if not all with Gmail addresses, and all within the last day or so, and I was one of those users suddenly bouncing. I am sure this had to do with the outage yesterday, as soon as Groups.io was unable to deliver messages, it put those email addresses in a bouncing state. So I would attribute this to the Gmail outage, but if I'm wrong please correct me.

Thanks.

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 9:06 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 08:59 AM, Tom Biggs GFCA wrote:
Still bouncing today.  I received a message less than 30 minutes ago that I was bouncing
That has nothing to do with gmail. AFAIK google/gmail is back up. That was a message from groups.io. You will not receive group messages until you yourself "unbounce" your account (set it to non-bouncing status), either via the link you were sent or by going to the site and unbouncing.

Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.