moderated Re: Dozens of gmail members suddenly bouncing - what's going on? #misc

Dave Sergeant

The widely reported outage at Google (an account authorisation issue)
happened late morning yesterday in the UK and was cleared within a
couple of hours or so. Do I take it from your timings that there was a
second outage much later in the day?

Some media over here were claiming they had been hacked, I suspect it
was far more innocent like loss of a few servers due to a power outage
or similar.

Dave

On 14 Dec 2020 at 17:19, Mark Fletcher wrote:

This issue started a couple hours ago and isn't limited to just us. Many
email services are reporting delivery issues to gmail.

http://davesergeant.com