moderated Re: #bug event times in /feed are all 8 hours out #bug

Malcolm Austen

On 13/12/2020 02:08:27, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:

> I can reproduce the effect though ...
> in a group with default user TZ set to UTC (I know that should not
> matter) with my TZ set to UTC I create a calendar event with TZ UTC to
> occur at 18:00 The event shows at 18:00 in the calendar but at 10:00
> in /feed

Well now I'm confused. Testing this after the report in GMF I couldn't
reproduce this. Now I can. I'm not sure what accounts for the change.
Malcolm Austen:
I can Shal, possibly, so your observations may be a good clue.

Mark has 'fixed' that line in the javascript file. Now I'm no expert on javascript, and certainly not ion  how it works with objects but I assume that prior to the fix, no errors were being generated. Thus I think it is conceivable that the 'fix' has turned something that only affects some people or groups into something that now affects all people or groups.

As ever though, it's just a maybe.

Malcolm.
I did two things: I changed the group's Def Sub Setting to UTC, and I
created two new events. Changing the group's Def Sub Setting to EST
hasn't corrected the problem, so it seems not to be the issue. At least
not in a direct way.

Possibly the act of creating new events caused something to get lodged
(or dislodged) somewhere that causes my Feed page to now be shown in PST
regardless of my Account's timezone?

I have the same problem when my account time zone is EST: the group's
Upcoming Events list on the Feed page shows them in PST, whereas the
Your Calendar page and the group's Calendar page shows them correctly in
EST.

Another user account with PST timezone sees them in PST in all three places.

Shal