moderated Re: #bug event times in /feed are all 8 hours out #bug

Malcolm Austen

On 12/12/2020 04:48:36, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 12:40 PM Malcolm Austen <malcolm.austen@...> wrote:
At risk of making a fool of myself, I think I have spotted it as a bug in https://groups.io/js/displaytime-0.2.6.js
<snip>
should, I suspect, have that last line before the snip as                  momentDay = moment.tz(t,tzstr)
- that's what the matching line looks like in the other, similar functions in that file.

You might be right. I've been unable to reproduce the bug, try as I might. I've made the change to this line of code, please let me know if it fixes the problem for you. You may need to do a force reload; hold down the shift key while clicking the browser refresh button.
Malcolm Austen:
Thanks Mark. I have tried refreshes galore (button and F5 with and without Shift and Ctrl) and also loaded it up in a browser that has had everything cleared and not visited groups.io before. That javascript change does appear not to have made any difference.

I can reproduce the effect though ...
in a group with default user TZ set to UTC (I know that should not matter)
with my TZ set to UTC
I create a calendar event with TZ UTC to occur at 18:00
The event shows at 18:00 in the calendar but at 10:00 in /feed

If I create an event with TZ set to AWST (8 hours ahead of UTC) for 18:00
it shows in my calendar (TZ UTC) correctly as 12:00
but in /feed as 02:00

If I change my (account) TZ to AWST,
that same event shows in my calendar as 18:00 (AWST)
but still appears in /feed as 02:00

Therefore I conclude that events shown in /feed always display in PST and make no adjustment for my (account) TZ setting.

Keep safe, Malcolm.