moderated Re: Make sequence of mods receipt of pending member notice more consistent #suggestion

Mark Murphy

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 05:54 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
I believe it is intentional, because hobgoblins and spambots. That is, all email commands (except +help and +owner) require confirmation before they do anything, +subscribe follows the majority.
https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/additional-information/standard-group-email-addresses

The intent is to keep the group managers (and unrestricted groups) from being flooded by spambot-generated +subscribe requests.
After re-reading Shal's comment about no notice sent to owner/mod when subscribing via email from non-gio account, I understand why it may be set up this way. Are web subscribe requests less likely to come from spammers and bots?