moderated Re: Make sequence of mods receipt of pending member notice more consistent #suggestion

Here are a couple of other/alternate suggestions. The main problem for me is the lack of consistency, and not just for consistency's sake, but because it is confusing to group owners currently. Why do you sometimes see an NC member, and sometimes not? Why are you sometimes notified of an application to your group right away, and sometimes not until the member confirms?

My suggestions are either to (a) ALWAYS require a confirmation of interest in joining a group, regardless of whether the application is via email or via the web; and/or (b) NEVER or ALWAYS notifiy the group owner before the member confirms.