moderated Re: "Find or Create a Group" page does not do what it looks like it was designed to do #bug

Right! It’s as you posted before, with those clever URLs. That’s all Mark would have to do. My guess is he may just have forgotten to plug that part in.

As for the reverse alpha sort, since he sorts by forward alpha in “by name” when the object is the set of all groups (I.e. no search term entered), it should be cake to do the same on the subset of groups returned by the search.

On Nov 22, 2020, at 9:56 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 09:35 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
It looks like the intention of this page was to allow *filtering* by a search term and *display* the results by one of the four criteria. But it in fact allows the sort only by name.
I did a little digging.  It looks like everything could be made to almost work as you suggest by including the p=xxxxx parameter for the page that you're on (Popular, Active, Newest, By Name) as part of the Search box script.  The only glitch is that the By Name page still returns things as reverse ASCII sort.  Works fine on the other pages.