moderated Re: What is the algorithm for the display order of groups after entering a keyword search? #misc

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 06:42 AM, Duane wrote:
Although the results ARE reverse sorted by name, removing the "(by Name)" designation on the results page may prevent confusion.
See my other thread with the bug report. When you don't enter a search term and click "by name," it's alpha (not reverse alpha) order so that's inconsistent. Probably the search does display the elastisearch results, but that needs to be fixed.

More importantly, I think we've all been misconstruing the way the search page was supposed to work (or looks like it was supposed to work). We've been confusing "by name" with the entering of a search term, possibly because the page jumps to the "by name" sorting criterion the minute you enter a search term. That's part of the bug report.