moderated Re: What is the algorithm for the display order of groups after entering a keyword search? #misc

Glenn Glazer

On Sat, 11/21 14:02, J_Catlady wrote:
On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 01:52 PM, Glenn Glazer wrote:

But that order is effectively random.
If so, then groups.io apparently does a bit of post-processing to put the results in reverse alpha order with lowercase names first. Either way, the display order totally unrelated to the search term. An extremely simple fix would be simply to prioritize the groups with the search term IN the name (especailly since groups.io itself calls the search "By Name"). If groups.io is already post-processing the results of elastisearch, it may as well do it in a way that makes a nonzero amount of sense.

I've never seen the code, I can't speak to what it does or doesn't do.

Best,

Glenn

--
PG&E Delenda Est