moderated Re: What is the algorithm for the display order of groups after entering a keyword search? #misc

Chris Jones

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 08:59 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
How can I change the name of my group to have it display in a "feline lymphoma" search?
Actually it is quite easy, without changing the group name. Starting with the fact that the search results are based on what a group owner puts in the description, then simply ensure that "feline lymphona" is in the description. I suspect that your immediate response might be that that could leave the description looking messy, but in fact the words don't need to be visible, simply present.

Eh? Sadly I cannot demonstrate this in beta because the tool bar above the composition window does not let me change font colour, but that for a Group Description does. Somewhere at the bottom of the description on your Home Page add a few additional search terms (e.g. "feline lymphoma") and the change the font colour to white. It can also be useful to set the font size to be (very) small so that numerous helpful words can be accommodated without taking up too much space; that space will simply appear as white (empty) space to anyone looking at your description.

Although the words are invisible to the human viewer they are not invisible to the search engine, so anyone using any of your "hidden words" will find your group quite easily, or at least they should do.

If you want a demonstration of this please let me know and I'll post a couple of search terms for the group I co - own so that you can search for it, find it in one go and then "find the search terms" in the description!

Chris