moderated Re: What is the algorithm for the display order of groups after entering a keyword search? #misc

Sandi D

I just searched for an Apple-Mac group on my iPad. There we 72 results listed on one page. What I found useful was the full description of the groups. So even those with somewhat "weird" group names were included. It wasn't hard for me to scroll down the list and determine those that were of interest to me.

I then search for feline and got 47 hits on "one page".
Many people use mobile devices and being able to scroll down the entire list is very helpful instead of having to click a new page of results.

It would have been nice to see which of groups were closed or charged a member fee so I didnt spend time considering if those groups were a good fit. A few of the pages that I visited didn't put that information into their description. I wasn't interested in paying to join a group.

I do like that the search captured terms used in their description and not just their group name. I have experience in Boolean searches so having some sort of advanced feature search would be welcome.
--
Sandi Dickenson
ASG Volunteers Group.