moderated Re: What is the algorithm for the display order of groups after entering a keyword search? #misc

Duane

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 09:05 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
Is that what you're saying?
Correct.  By playing with various parameters that can be included with in the URL, I found that https://groups.io/search?p=SubsCount,,%22feline%22,20,2,0,0 will sort them by popularity, most topics first.  Likewise, https://groups.io/search?p=ThreadsCount,,%22feline%22,20,2,0,0 sorts them by activity, most first, and https://groups.io/search?p=Created,,%22feline%22,20,2,0,0 sorts by newest first.  By changing the parameter that has a 2 to a 1, the sorts can be reversed.  Changing the 20 to another number will show that many results per page.  Changing the first 0 will begin displaying the results at that number +1.

Maybe some day there will be an Advanced Search function (popup, button ?) that makes these all easier to include so that you can specify what's important in your search.

I do like JohnF's suggestion to list Premium first, if that's one of the parameters available (or easily added.)