moderated Re: Some Message Formatting settings mutually exclusive #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 06:00 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
Having these two both checked is actually a useful configuration, and I've advised group mods to set them both in the past.

The context is a group that wants the members' content to be stripped of all formatting (not just normalized), but also wants the formatted links in the message footer.
That's not what the docs say:

Plain Text Only

Select this checkbox to convert HTML-formatted messages that are emailed to the group to plain text format. This setting affects the format of message footers as well.

I believe the details are that the text/plain mime part of the incoming message is used (or a conversion from the text/HTML if no text/plain part), and then the outgoing message is formatted with both text/plain and text/HTML, containing unformatted message body but in the text/HTML a formatted footer instead of a plain text one.
I'm not seeing this in my test group. With both checked, I get a plain text message with a plain text footer...no html to be found.

Regards,
Bruce