moderated Re: Some Message Formatting settings mutually exclusive #suggestion

Bruce,

( * ) Force HTML Emails
( ) Plain Text Only
Having these two both checked is actually a useful configuration, and I've advised group mods to set them both in the past.

The context is a group that wants the members' content to be stripped of all formatting (not just normalized), but also wants the formatted links in the message footer.

I believe the details are that the text/plain mime part of the incoming message is used (or a conversion from the text/HTML if no text/plain part), and then the outgoing message is formatted with both text/plain and text/HTML, containing unformatted message body but in the text/HTML a formatted footer instead of a plain text one.

Shal