moderated Re: Publicly Listed Groups results #bug

Hi Duane,

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 8:07 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
When paging through the results of the various views in the groups directory, there comes a point when it won't show the next page.  It always happens when crossing over the 10,000 results line.  As an example, if I go to https://groups.io/search?p=SubsCount,,,20,2,9980,0, all works fine.  When I scroll to the bottom and use the right arrow to go to page 501, there are no results shown, even though it (currently) says 10001 - 10020 of 32031 and the URL shows https://groups.io/search?p=SubsCount,,,20,2,10000,0.  I suspect it's when the results get into the 5 digit range.  Probably not something many people will do, but it's a bit irritating when I'm playing with search parameters there. ;>)

I didn't know this until now, but it's apparently tricky to pull more than 10,000 results out of Elasticsearch, the search software that we use. To fix, I'd have to do some research into the issue. Is this something that you're coming up against a lot?