moderated Re: Mail server reverse DNS still flakey #bug

Jim Wilson

Sorry, I missed the Gmail indication and actually thought it looked like a spoof attempt. If you're using G Suite and Proofpoint email proxy services, then this is not a normal situation at all. That said, line 3 certainly seems to indicate lb01 was unable to retrieve RDNS for 148.163.139.74 at the time of that transaction. I am also wondering if you're saying this is all from one transaction because it looks like several?

@Mark, I may be wrong but it sounds less like caching and more like the DNS servers assigned on the email servers are having issues. I know they're on Linode but I've actually run into a similar issue on AWS.

--
Jim