moderated Re: Site updates #changelog

Dave Sergeant

This type of unsubscribe request fails if the email program adds a
signature to postings, like mine do. Some email lists recognise 'stop'
after the 'unsubscribe' as a command to ignore everything that follows.

eg

unsubscribe
stop

Fred Blogs site link

Dave

On 7 Nov 2020 at 9:04, JohnF via groups.io wrote:

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 10:30 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:

NEW: If you send a message with just the word 'unsubscribe' and
nothing else to a group, we now treat it as an unsubscribe request,
like sending a message to +unsubscribe (still requires confirmation).
As long as you confirm it, you might want to do the same thing if
someone sends the word "stop". This isn't traditionally used in
stopping email lists, but it has become standard in stopping SMS lists.
Someone who is more used to texting than joining email lists might try
that. (I don't have any real life examples of someone who did, just
thinking ahead.)

JohnF

http://davesergeant.com