moderated Re: Wording to disable two-factor (2FA) #suggestion

Jeff Smith

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 08:16 AM, Donald Hellen wrote:
I was wondering if, let's say, you switched ISPs and no longer have[...]
Good point Donald,
The reason they want you to have multiple methods (i.e. phone# and another email), and also remind you to check all of them regularly, is because of the assumption they would not all be lost at the same time. I'd say it's up to us to learn enough to make sure we have independent multiple verification routes that won't be lost together.
Ultimately, guess it's time to get that chip stamped into our forehead ;-)