moderated Re: Summary email has subject "digestnoreply" #bug

This is now OT for beta, but this seems to be related to what I'm experiencing, although I'm not (consciously) using aliases. From one of the forums:

"...there appears to be an issue with all email accounts that have an associated alias that causes the Mail app to pick a random "From" address.

There seems to be no fix or workaround at this time aside from disabling aliases, and as pointed out on the MacRumors forums, the problem continues to persist in the iOS 14.2 update that's in beta testing. We expect iOS 14.2 to be in beta for at least another few weeks (likely until the iPhone 12 models launch) so there's time for Apple to add additional bug fixes.

Update: Early reports suggest that the second iOS 14.2 beta provided to developers on September 29 fixes the email alias bug."

Hopefully end of story.