moderated Pending message notices arriving hours late in some cases #bug #misc

Starting recently, perhaps today or yesterday, I've noticed that pending message notices are often arriving (and timestamped, not just arriving) extremely late, in many cases by hours. Invariably I've long ago approved the message on the site. Then, after the fact, I get the pending message notification.
p.s. this has nothing to do with my iPhone. The timestamp is consistent on the computer.

The most recent example: Activity log shows message sent at 11:53 a.m. I approve it shortly thereafter via the web. I get the pending message email at 1:45 pm. That was just a few minutes ago.