moderated Re: Wording to disable two-factor (2FA) #suggestion

Donald Hellen

Bruce . . .

On Tue, 03 Nov 2020 06:52:41 -0800, "Bruce Bowman"
<bruce.bowman@tds.net> wrote:

What I'm seeing much more frequently in questions posed to GMF and Group_Help are from people who have lost their second factor and damaged a device or reset it to factory defaults and now need support help just to log in. It seems appropriate to weigh the likelihood of one against the other.

Is support available for this sort of thing?

I was wondering if, let's say, you switched ISPs and no longer have
their email. Perhaps your ISP was also your cell phone service
provider and you didn't port your number over to your new carrier. And
maybe your college email address is no longer as your college stopped
service to previous students and only offers it for those enrolled. Or
maybe Gmail goes belly-up when Google or Yahoo discontinues that free
service (not likely, but possible) so that recovery option is out. So
you may have used any or all of those for 2FA and now you can't
recover your account.

I thought Mark was unavailable for anything but Premium group issues.
Maybe he's available for this sort of thing, but I just wondered.

I try to keep multiple options open but I know of many who only have
one webmail account, perhaps because they don't know how to set up an
ISP email account. I also like to have myself with a different account
as an additional owner of my groups.

Donald