moderated Re: Wording to disable two-factor (2FA) #suggestion

Jeff Smith

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 09:48 AM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
If that isn't adequate security, then I guess we need a third factor.
You are arguing to have only ONE factor, not two because of your assumption that there is need to only enter the first factor in order to REMOVE the second factor (assuming my other conditions where the intruder came in through something already logged in for their first intrusion).

We are not talking about just two passwords. We are saying, "Something you know, and something you have" this is the only reason why 2FA is enough for normal use so you don't need three. What would the third one be? Probably a retnal scan as "something you are" I guess