moderated Re: Problems replying to digest messages? #misc

ro-esp

From: J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 18:12:02 CET
On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 10:07 AM, ro-esp wrote:

The situation is that she's trying to reply to an individual message via
email
within a digest, and this is what she says happens:
" When I click on Reply to Group on the message
Why would you do that? that's supposed to take you to the
iogroups-website.
If you want to reply from your own email, you click the "reply" of your
email and delete the stuff in the digest that you don't reply to, and
change the subjectline to that of the thread you are replying to.
This is what I'm trying now

"Why would you do that"? Because the digest specifically says at the top "do not reply to this email.
Good point, but that's just MF's preference. In some cases replying to several messages in one thread at the same time makes sense

To reply click reply-to-group below
any message." That is not the option that takes you to the site.
It takes you to the part of the site where you compose your reply. At leas that's how it works in plain-digests

That's a different option, "view/reply online." There is no "reply to this message" in a digest.
I agree that there is no "reply to this digest" -link, but as a digest is an email-message, you can (ab)use the reply (and edit out the "noreply" thingy...IF YOU INSIST on replying by email)

Now let's see how this message is threaded

groetjes, Ronaldo