Blacklisting - using multiple IP addresses? #suggestion

Many, many years ago, I met with the Yahoo Groups team at Yahoo headquarters in Sunnyvale. One of the engineers drew a block diagram of how Yahoo Groups works, which showed that they have a pools of outbound email servers (with a unique IP address) separate from the machines that host the forums. They said that they used a separate set of email servers for the "adult" groups.

It has occurred to me that perhaps Groups.io could have a separate email server for the paid groups and one for the free groups -- to somewhat limit the damage due to blacklisting of IP addresses. There could even be another email server for use when troubleshooting groups suspected of causing blacklisting.

Unfortunately, I doubt that this would be easy to implement.
--cg