locked Re: Community Code of Conduct

Hi Mark

I own two groups as you know. As far as I'm concerned, no code of conduct should be needed. Instead, we all should follow rules and guidelines set out by each group. Regrettably, I may know the person who has sent in the complaint, but I'm sorry, it's my groups and if they think they were treated unfairly then they obviously did not respect the rules and guidelines of the group(s).

Just my £0.02 worth.

On 30 Apr 2015, at 00:22, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Many communities are starting to adopt codes of conduct and I'm
wondering if we should have one for the groups on Groups.io. Here are
two examples:

http://www.rust-lang.org/conduct.html
https://www.djangoproject.com/conduct/

One of the reasons this is on my mind is that I've gotten a complaint
from someone who was banned from a group and thinks they were/are
being treated unfairly or poorly. It would be nice to have a document
that I could point people to that would specify what constitutes abuse
and what, if anything, happens if abuse does take place. Just being
banned from a group would not be abuse, for example. Violent threats
against someone would be abuse.

As Groups.io grows, we will get more of these complaints and I want to
make sure we're consistent about how we respond. Also, it's important
to me that the people who use Groups.io are respectful of each other.

Questions: Do you agree with having a Code of Conduct? If so, do you
agree that it should spell out what would happen to violators? And if
so, do you have thoughts on what actions should be taken with those
violators?