moderated Re: Problems replying to digest messages? #misc

Thanks, I’ll let her know.

On Oct 26, 2020, at 8:32 AM, West Coast Compañeros Staff <westcoastcompaneros@...> wrote:

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 04:47 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I'm not sure whether or not this is a bug. I don't use the digest in any of my groups, so I am unfamiliar with the way it is supposed to work, but this seems to be a problem. A member of one of my groups complained to me about it and told me she noticed it recently and that "it didn't used to do this."

The situation is that she's trying to reply to an individual message via email within a digest, and this is what she says happens:
"When I click on Reply to Group on the message it opens a completely blank new tab in my email program (Thunderbird) (not even send etc. fields) and I can't use it to respond. Any idea what's going on? I used to be able to respond directly from the messages or digests in Yahoo and I'm pretty sure I've done so in io also, but for a while now this is how it's behaved."
J,

I can reproduce this error using the current release of Thunderbird for Macintosh, version 78.4.0. It happens whenever I try to reply to a message using the footer links (either Reply to Group or Reply to Sender), whether it is an individual message or in a digest. A new tab opens in Thunderbird with the title "Loading..." and nothing further happens. (See attached screenshot.) If this is not the case in Thunderbird for Windows, it would point to a bug in Thunderbird for Mac. If it also occurs in Thunderbird for Windows then I would be surprised that it has not been reported before now. In that case it could be a general Thunderbird bug or it could be due to the way Groups.io formulates the footer reply links.

The workarounds for an individual message is 1) to use the Thunderbird interface to reply to the group (or to the sender, if the individual's email address is known). or 2) to make the reply using the Groups.io web interface. The only way to reply to a message In a digest is to use the Groups.io web interface.

Robert R.