moderated Re: Groups.io Allegedly Blacklisted #misc

Robert Oshel

It would appear that not all email providers are blocking Groups.IO messages because of the Spamhaus action.  Apparently some, including Gmail, are simply putting some or all of them in Spam folders.  For example, I've started getting a fair number of Groups.IO messages placed erroneously in my Gmail spam folder which previously almost never happened.

   Bob

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 11:01 AM Chris Jones via groups.io <chrisjones12=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 02:30 PM, Robert Oshel wrote:
You can set a filter in Gmail so it never sends messages from Groups.IO to spam.
I'm sorry but you are missing the point here. The problem is that Spamhaus has blacklisted Groups.io and service providers are reacting accordingly by bouncing Groups.io traffic in its entirety, not shunting it into individual's spam boxes.

At the moment it seems to be OK, but who knows what the next few hours will bring...

Chris