Re: Change message-ID when a message is edited #suggestion

If there’s any way to fix this without changing the ID, that would be greatly oreferable because, of course, it’s the thing that identifies the message. I wonder what other problems would pop up if the message ID changes every time it’s edited.

On Oct 25, 2020, at 7:07 AM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

When a message (or poll) is edited, in most cases it is desirable to relay that edit to the group. However, the message-ID field in the outgoing message is left unchanged, causing some mail providers to fail to deliver it. There may be technical reasons that I'm unaware of why this must be so, but delivery of message edits would be more reliable if the message-ID was updated.

Thanks for your consideration,
Bruce