moderated Re: Free to Premium Expanse #suggestion

Vacek Miglus

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 4:20 PM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 11:27 AM billsf9c via groups.io <OOWONBS=Netscape.net@groups.io> wrote:
Reading all the support for the thread I began and this time WITH coffee -

It jumps out at me that the void ought be filled to reflect; Free-Basic, $5/mo & $10/mo, $20/mo. Round down if they pay a year in a lump sum.

Yet and STILL, David MUST meet Goliath on the 15 Gigs FREE Battlefield. IT MUST D*A*R*E TO CONTEND...

So you are asking that I bump the storage for the free version to 15 gigs in the hopes of luring a group to come over that, 1) has never paid for service before, and 2) does not see the advantages of Groups.io over Google Groups. Not trying to be rude or anything, just trying to understand.

Also, where does the 15 gigs of storage number come from? I'm unaware of any storage limits with Google Groups.

I think I may be the instigation of this whole conversation. Sorry.
Our group just downgraded from Premium to Free primarily because we are not bumping into the limits of the free group and as much as I appreciate the very easy transfer from Yahoo to GIO I find it hard to justify the on-going Premium bill.

That said I very much want to see GIO thrive in every way including financially. So I lamented to our group about the lack of a middle tier. A bit more storage for 50 or 60 bucks a year (a bottle of decent Scotch) sounded like an interesting compromise. Of course I had not thought it all the way through, like GIO losing Premium members with a middle tier or some of the other things brought up.

Of course I could just write Mark a check and feel good about it but I'm just one small drop in the bucket and it sounds like I'm not the first to think of this.

Of course this whole conversation did get me to subscribe to the beta group.:-)

Vacek