moderated Re: Free to Premium Expanse #suggestion

RCardona

Yes, comparison is apples and oranges.

Google Groups has no storage assigned to the group.  ZERO.  The only
storage is an individual member’s Google Drive storage capacity of 15 GB
from which one can create shared files, but it is still owned (and can
be deleted) by the individual member.   In order to have a true shared
space for photos, files, documents, etc, one would have to use Google’s
G-Suite/Workspace which charges a monthly fee ranging from $6 to $18 per
month PER user.  With Groups.io one can organize shared photos and files
in true group storage sections within folders.  True value!

RCardona

On 10/21/20 3:01 PM, billsf9c via groups.io wrote:
I'm saying that I LOVE and UNDERSTAND, but I am losing membership in a
couple valuable groups as they are short sighted.

Like my members who don't see trends in the industry, they would not
allow me to migrate to IO when it was free. They would not discuss it
at 110$. Only at the last minute did a few say. "I know & like IO." Or
"I know & hate Google."

The Edsel was [too] ahead if its time. Great car. "Looked wrong."

The masses do not understand that it took 2000 members 15-20 VERY busy
years to reach 3/4 of the Gig they use(d.)

Does Google include text in their 15 Gigs? Maybe it's just apples and
oranges.?!?!?

Crowds went with Goliath.
David's people thought he was a nut for "~15 minutes."
Animals, insects, and other people and businesses stand tall and raise
arms and fluff up fur to appear large. That's google. They don't dole
out 14 extra Gigs which sit idle for 1-5-20 years. "It's on paper...
there when you want/need.it".Look hiw banks do money - want your
250,000? They don't actually have it... "Give us 2-3-4 days."

Find a loophole. Make this Edsel look as grand as their flimsy
fiberglass crap. Tell them 15 Gigs. Allot them 1. Tack on 1.at
900Megs. It's just a façade. It's still better under the car cover.

BillSF9c
Ex SillyCom Valley Dude