moderated Re: Can't create a freecycle group #bug

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 8:12 PM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
Someone on GMF is having problems (re)creating a freecycle group so they can move from Yahoo.  It appears that if the word freecycle is in either the email/name or in the title, it will return a "That address is not valid." error.  I know there are over 50 existing groups with freecycle in the group name, so don't understand what the problem could be.

Groups.io has received letters from a law firm apparently representing the Freecycle trademark holder in the UK, stating that a particular group with freecycle in the name is infringing on their trademark. I have not yet asked that group to change their name, but I may have to. To head off any new issues, no more groups with freecycle in their name. Note, I have no idea if the demand is legally valid or not.

In addition, another member that has one of those existing groups can't save changes on the settings page that don't involve the title or email address without getting the error.

That should have been fixed a week or two ago.