moderated Re: drafts disappearing - bad #bug

There’s possibly another aspect to this that may not have anything to do with the back button. Sometimes, a draft stays I the draft folder even after the message has posted. I noticed a couple of instances this morning but have not yet tried to investigate. I thought I was seeing things at first, but bothe the draft and the posted message were definitely there. I eventually just deleted the draft because the message was there, which was all I cared about by that point.

On Oct 20, 2020, at 3:42 PM, J_Catlady via groups.io <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

A warning message would be a good stop gap for now. It would have saved me, and no doubt others, a lot of headaches.

On Oct 20, 2020, at 3:34 PM, Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 11:25 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
The fact that in some cases drafts are lost if you use the back button I think is pretty bad, unless a warning is issued, which some sites with that problem do.
So, a simple warning message about not using the back button would seem to suffice then.

You don’t expect it in groups.io.
I expect it on any site where I've made some input and knowing that it may happen is more than enough reason for me to just duplicate a tab (or even open a new browser occurrence) and go and do other stuff before coming back to my original tab/page and continuing from where I left off without a problem.

Andy