moderated incorrect bounces #bug

Phil Karn

I've had my email feeds cut off several times recently because groups.io incorrectly concluded that my email was bouncing. My domain name (ka9q.net) has MX records pointing at gmail's mail servers along with an A (IPv4) address record pointing at my web server. What's happening is that groups.io occasionally fails to resolve the MX records and attempts to deliver email to the SMTP server on my web hosting site, which isn't set up to handle it.

This wouldn't be so bad if there was an easy way to have groups.io resend all pending emails when I tell it to "unbounce" me.

I suppose one possible workaround is to just delete the A record for ka9q.net since the proper name of my website is www.ka9q.net.

Phil