moderated Re: Minor display bug in SEARCH-Members screens when editing a member #bug

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 01:49 PM, Christos G. Psarras wrote:
F5-refreshing the page refreshes the list contents and they now agree with the changes.  Not doing so, and continuing to (test-) edit that member (thinking one must have not made the change, so go back to check/redo it), results in a "one-page behind in display results" scenario, where the underlying code correctly does its thing, but the list display code seems to display the next to the last changes.
This is something of an insidious problem for a handful of groups.io operations. Deleting photos from a photo album does the same thing...the photos in the album are renumbered, but the thumbnails served from the browser cache are not.

I've gotten into the habit of doing a Ctrl-F5 whenever something doesn't "look right," but I suspect many others have yet to learn that trick. If the reload can be forced from the server side under such circumstances that would be a good thing (yes, I know it's been asked for before).

Regards,
Bruce