moderated Re: #BUG moderated topic not moderated for some users #bug

(Sorry, typo - “approve and unmoderate”)

On Oct 6, 2020, at 2:49 PM, J_Catlady via groups.io <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Approve and moderate should not have set then to override: not moderated. Those are different and if they are now “P”, someone had to have inadvertently set that by hand. I think this part of the system is very robust and thoroughly tested and very unlikely to be buggy. Although anything is possible. 😊

Nobody can post to a locked topic as long as you have not also deleted the topic. If you deleted it, people may be able to reply via the emails that are still on their inbox.

On Oct 6, 2020, at 2:36 PM, Jim Pruitt <jpruitt67@...> wrote:

 This brings up another question.  Since the only way those members would be unmoderated on my group would be because I selected "approve and unmoderate" when their first message was posted way back when.  Are you saying that by selecting that rather than approve then it overrides the topic setting?  Last night I also locked the topic.  Is that going to stop posts to that topic or will these same 2 (and maybe others) be able to post to it anyway?

Thank you.

Jim

On 10/6/2020 5:49 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 05:23 AM, Duane wrote:
That's why it's suggested to not use any override settings for members, only "Use Group Moderation Setting".
I do quibble with that slightly. I don't know who "suggests" that. The setting is there by request and for a reason, and I have a few important trusted members set to "P."