moderated Rewrite "From" address to match group address in certain cases when user is running Windows 10 and aol or verizon email #suggestion

For users running Windows 10 and using either aol or verizon (=aol) email, and in the setting where a group is set to "Reply to group," a reply via email by clicking "Reply" does not go to the group. It instead goes to the individual member who generated the message, causing a private email exchange that is generally (or can be) unknown by both parties to be private. The message never actually posts to the group, the user probably doesn't realize it, and if the individual who wrote the original message replies to the reply, they, too, are replying privately and are probably, or at minimum can be, completely unaware of that fact.

If, OTOH, such users click "Reply all" from their email, that does not solve the problem. The reply then does go to both the group and the individual (as a cc); however, if the cc'd individual happens to reply from THEIR email by clicking "Reply," their reply does not post to the group (although they probably believe it does) but rather goes privately to the person who replied to their original message, again causing a probably completely unknown private exchange.

Before realizing the specific circumstances of the problem, I started a thread about what I thought was a bug with the "disable other reply options" setting. Eventually, after I determined that one user involved in this kind of situation was on a PC running Windows 10, I posted that piece of information and Bruce posted the following. I have bolded his actual suggestion:
Currently, in groups.io, the From: address of an individual message is the same as the person who made the post. An account setting could be established to rewrite this From: address to match the group address, but only for those groups that have both "Reply to Group" and "Remove other reply options" set. This is kinda along the lines of the existing "I'm on GMail and always want copies of my own emails" account setting. Although I'm reluctant to recommend the expansion of such account settings, it should work, and is just about all groups.io could do to address this.
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/26368

Since he was reluctant to make the suggestion, I am now doing it as a separate suggestion/topic, in case it got lost in the tangle of unrelated messages in the other one. Since then I have also found that the problem does not happen with all users running Win 10, but it specifically does reliably occur for people using aol or verizon. Of course there may be other cases, but it does happen with gmail, for example.

In the meantime, I have instructed all my group members using aol or verizon who are running WIndows 10 never use "Reply" to reply to a group message by email because it will not post to the group, and to either post from the web, or use "Reply all" and then go in and manually delete the cc to the individual, leaving just the group address. I've told the people involved that groups.io may come up with a fix, but meanwhile, that's what they have to do.

Thanks.