moderated Re: Cannot reply from +owner address #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 04:26 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
Bruce, regardless of any member management permissions a Moderator has, unless they have a membership role of Owner, they are not an owner and sending emails as though they are is fundamentally wrong. The fact that Moderators can alter their own settings to choose whether or not to receive +owner emails just compounds the issue.
Andy -- I seriously regret that my proposal has brought to light something that some folks feel to be a long-standing problem.

I don't see how extending the problem really helps. If you want someone to send an email as an owner, make them an owner.  If you want a moderator to be able to send messages or replies other than from their own account, have a +moderator address.
This topic is growing increasingly tangential to the original proposal and its implementation. If a new proposal was clearly stated for consideration perhaps we can discuss it further there.

Regards,
Bruce