moderated Re: Cannot reply from +owner address #suggestion

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 05:00 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
I wonder what impact it might have on any Moderators who have had a member-management or message moderation function delegated to them.
Bruce, regardless of any member management permissions a Moderator has, unless they have a membership role of Owner, they are not an owner and sending emails as though they are is fundamentally wrong. The fact that Moderators can alter their own settings to choose whether or not to receive +owner emails just compounds the issue.
The change recently implemented only extends that same behavior to replies.
I don't see how extending the problem really helps. If you want someone to send an email as an owner, make them an owner.  If you want a moderator to be able to send messages or replies other than from their own account, have a +moderator address.

Andy