moderated Re: If possible, make "disable other reply options" apply to email replies in all cases #suggestion

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 07:26 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
In particular, multiple email clients are known to fail to comply with RFCC 5322, at least by default. Instead of honoring the Reply-to: line, they send the message back to the From: address.
Yes, I've been recently noticing that on my iPhone, a second reply by me to the same recipient instead is sent back to me. I finally figured out that you can subvert this behavior by specifying "reply all."

However, in this case, there seems to be something unique about the one group member's email situation. Hard to know what it is. The "reply" behavior of the other people in my group with aol (at least all the ones who responded to my test thread) is correct according to the group reply-to setting, namely, the reply goes to the group.

FWIW, and in case this helps, the member is using a PC running WIndows 10.