Re: #suggestion Allow add/replace of attachments when editing messages (not just delete) #suggestion

Michael Pavan

On Sep 27, 2020, at 9:52 PM, Bruce Bowman <@BruceBowman> wrote:

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 11:33 PM, Michael Pavan wrote:
+1
I thought +1 was just the 'email way' of liking a post.
That's the first time it got posted instead.

Sorry, but I gotta say -1. I have nothing against Jim's use case, but the ability to edit other people's posts is itself a slippery slope, and here we go sliding even further down it.
We already have editing of Pending and Archived Posts...
I typically use it, as I believe you and other Moderators of GMF do:
to delete excessive quoting,
and more rarely to remove or sanitize offensive or inappropriate content.

Perhaps the better way to accomplish what Jim suggested would be a control of what file types can be attached.