moderated Re: Subscriber SPAM-removed email notification bug and one anomaly #bug

Hello,

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 11:00 AM Christos G. Psarras <christos@...> wrote:

I run into two minor issues yesterday, one reproducible, the other one a weird one which I cannot reproduce.

The reproducible one first; during generation of the notification's message body text for the SPAM-removed emailed notification, the code that checks/formats the "offending" email's subject for inclusion in the notification text, must be looking for the group SubjectTag value sans the two brackets, because if the "offending" message subject does contain the SubjectTag text sans the brackets somewhere in the subject, the code doesn't prefix the inserted subject text with [SubjectTag].

For these notifications, we grab the subject line from the reports we receive from the email service providers. We do try to strip out subject tags, but we do so simply by looking for [ and ] and removing everything in between those characters (plus those characters), because sometimes the subject tag gets mangled in these reports. As you've also seen, other parts of the subject line can also be mangled in seemingly random ways.