moderated Re: Linking email addresses #suggestion

Glenn Glazer

On 9/14/2020 11:39, Chris Jones via groups.io wrote:
On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 07:27 PM, Glenn Glazer wrote:
I think this is a remarkably uncharitable view, especially given the prevalence of the problem and the fact that sometimes it is not of their own creation precisely.
I can see and understand why you say that, but if individuals have a multiplicity of email addresses then IMHO it is incumbent upon them to keep proper track of which address has to be used for any specific application. I don't think it is fair to expect group owners & moderators to have to come to the rescue, espscially as owners & moderators don't actually know what addresses people have for different  purposes.

Chris

I suppose there are different philosophies at play here. I'm an admin and moderator as a service to the community of members of those groups. As such, "coming to the rescue" is part of my job and in particular, we have some older, not so tech savvy folks that need some hand-holding. I'm down with that because I consider it part of the job that I signed up for. Clearly, different communities will have different cultures and thus different expectations of their admins.

As for knowing their addresses, I don't need to - the solution provided upthread is self-serve.

Best,

Glenn

--
PG&E Delenda Est