moderated Subscriber SPAM-removed email notification bug and one anomaly #bug

Christos G. Psarras

Hi Mark,

I run into two minor issues yesterday, one reproducible, the other one a weird one which I cannot reproduce.

The reproducible one first; during generation of the notification's message body text for the SPAM-removed emailed notification, the code that checks/formats the "offending" email's subject for inclusion in the notification text, must be looking for the group SubjectTag value sans the two brackets, because if the "offending" message subject does contain the SubjectTag text sans the brackets somewhere in the subject, the code doesn't prefix the inserted subject text with [SubjectTag].

For example, if the group is setup as [MySubjectTag] for the SubjectTag, and the word MySubjectTag is not anywhere in the subject (e.g. Some Test), the SPAM-removed notification correctly shows:

This is to notify you.....has been unsubscribed.....because message [MySubjectTag] Some Test was marked as spam...

If the original subject did contain the word MySubjectTag in the subject (e.g. Some MySubjectTag Test), the SPAM-removed notification now shows:

This is to notify you.....has been unsubscribed.....because message Some MySubjectTag Test was marked as spam... (when it really should say [MySubjectTag] Some MySubjectTag Test)

What prompted the discovery of this was this SPAM-removed notification email I received yesterday: (emphasis is mine)

Our group's SubjectTag is [ALPS] and the "offending" email subject was a reply to the topic Is anyone able to get a response from Alps-Printer.com in Japan #grouphelp

I checked the Activity log but found out the spam-removed entries do not include the message subject in their log entries unlike the Sent entries for example, so I don't know if the same would happen there.

Now for the weird one, I'm sure you noticed how the word "Alps" (SubjectTag sans [ ]) in the above was replaced with some identifier value ... I tried to reproduce this part but couldn't; I have kept the original notification email, if you need it I can forward it offlist.  Possibly some fluke or some testing/debugging byproduct?  Or was it some sign I should buy a lotto ticket using that number(s)?

Cheers,
Christos