moderated Save draft when editing message #suggestion

This has happened to me more than once: I compose a long reply to a group member, including nuances about medication dosages, lab reports, etc., start to edit it for correctness and details before sending, and during the edit, go off to check something like the date on a lab report the member posted. When I come back, the draft is gone. Would it be possible, when editing one's own message, to not lose the draft if you go out of the edit window?