moderated Re: text Message Footer in html #bug #fixed

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 06:29 PM, Andrew Partan wrote:
NOT normal here. The only urls that got html linked are the ones
I added to the Message Footer. The rest are untouched.
Andrew -- Just because you're seeing anchor tags is no evidence that groups.io inserted them. A plain-text email cannot include a hyperlink, pretty much by definition; and the Message Footer field in settings has no provision to insert anything as html.

I still think it's something on the receiving end, probably your email client. If you tell us what client you're using (preferably in GMF), we might be able to tell you how to turn it off.

Regards,
Bruce