moderated Re: Turn off Credit Card tab #suggestion

paul fox

mark wrote:
> My inclination has been to not remove things in the interface that are not
> available, but to disable them/grey them out, when possible. My thinking
> is that I want people to know where everything is, even if they can't
> currently use a given feature. I've been frustrated with other software
> where things appear and disappear depending on settings. "Why should I
> look there, I've never seen it there before!" Also, at least for me, it
> creates awareness that the software can actually do that particular
> feature, even if I can't take advantage of it at the time.
> But Mark, you say, things disappear on the group sidebar if they are not
> enabled. You're right! Perhaps I should change that so that instead of
> them disappearing, they should be disabled. Anyone object to that?

Could the list at least be ordered such that the features that _are_
enabled are all at the top? When many things are disabled, there will
be long jumps between active elements in the list.

paul
paul fox, pgf@... (arlington, ma, where it's 66.0 degrees)