moderated Re: Turn off Credit Card tab #suggestion

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 10:35 AM Chuck Palmer <palmerct@...> wrote:
See this thread in GMF - https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/76526722

Suggestion is to turn off Billing->Credit Card under Account if the member is not a group owner or Donations is not turned on.
If Donations is not turned on, its presence is not needed and only adds confusion for those who are not group owners.

My inclination has been to not remove things in the interface that are not available, but to disable them/grey them out, when possible. My thinking is that I want people to know where everything is, even if they can't currently use a given feature. I've been frustrated with other software where things appear and disappear depending on settings. "Why should I look there, I've never seen it there before!" Also, at least for me, it creates awareness that the software can actually do that particular feature, even if I can't take advantage of it at the time.

But Mark, you say, things disappear on the group sidebar if they are not enabled. You're right! Perhaps I should change that so that instead of them disappearing, they should be disabled. Anyone object to that?